FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS

Moderator: Matt L.

FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS

Postby Matt L. » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:25 pm

FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS BY MATT L.

Laurel Hanson was an impressive looking young woman. Dark wavy hair, her features uniquely beautiful, her neat and trim figure clad in a white blouse and black skirt.

Near the end of the school day Laurel made her rounds to the vending machine area, noticing Cordell Watley, she acknowledged him with a friendly smile before slipping her change into the cola machine and selecting her beverage.

“Shit!” Laurel grumbled, “I meant to get diet!”

Cordell stepped along side of Central High’s most ambitious student, unaware of just how dorky he was smiling. “That’s okay, Laurel. I’m … what I mean is, I was going to get a cola. I’ll just get a diet and we can switch.”

Laurel sugary glanced over the congenial young man. Marginally handsome, thin, clothed in an overly large T-shirt that hung down to his knees, and blue jeans that were washed once too often.

“Wow, that’s sweet of you, very sweet”, Laurel all but gushed, “I’d appreciate that. Thanks.”

Cordell performed the good deed without a hitch, and once purchasing the diet cola, they swapped.

“Can I ask you a question?” Laurel asked as she opened her can of the sugar free cola, “We’ve known each other a long time, so I know you can be honest.”

Cordell nervously shook his head, “Yeah, sure you can.”

Laurel enjoyed a modest a sip, then tossed back her gorgeous black mane, taking a dynamic pose with her hand over her hip, “Do I look like I’m getting fat?”

Cordell stood in a moment of complete shock, his eyes then surveying Laurel’s nicely packaged hourglass figure. “No! Of …of course not!” Cordell gawkily wheezed, “You look …amazing.”

Laurel swerved her eyes upward, playing the modest routine to the hilt, “Amazing, really? My figure doesn’t look bloated to you?”

“No, Laurel, I wouldn’t lie to you”, Cordell persuaded the attractive vixen, “You look more than amazing, you’re super amazing, I mean ….”

Laurel’s lips blossomed into a wide smile, “Super amazing, I admire your taste.”

Laurel engaged in another sip, then was about to walk away when Cordell called out, “Um, Laurel.”

Laurel swung her face toward Cordell, “Yes, hon.”

“You …you probably have plans for tonight, but I thought just in case you didn’t, I’d be stupid not to ask you, you know?” Cordell spoke trembling, “We ..us … a bunch of us, we’re all getting together tomorrow evening to watch scary movies, something of a marathon. You’re welcome to come if you don’t plan on doing anything special.”

Laurel tapped the cola can, faking a sincere expression, “That does sound like an interesting event for a Saturday night but I’ve going to the mall with the girls in the afternoon and in the evening were all going to Preston Miller’s house.”

“But I’ll give you a rain check for the next time I have nothing to do”, Laurel added with an ambiguous smirk.

Cordell shook his head, his good natured smile indicating his trust in Laurel’s reply, “Okay, that’s cool.”
Laurel waved goodbye and then made a trek down the corridor, her intention of leaving school for the day was interrupted by Hazel Griffin, one of the student counselors.

Short red hair, charming features, the 40-something woman was clad in a stylish blue colored dress that catered to her marginally pudgy figure.

“Laurel, fishing for compliments are we?”

Laurel stopped a few feet away from the authoritative staff member.
“Well_”, Laurel’s smile thoroughly nimble.”

Hazel looked point blank at Laurel; she could feel her vision engulfing her body.
“Your conceitedness precedes you; you know darn good and well you’re not heavy.”

Laurel shook her head in agreement but with a sassy smile.

“And furthermore, you hooked the wrong fish!” Hazel snapped.
“Cordell Watley is an outstanding young man and on the honor roll. You know full well he’s had something of crush on you since middle school. Do you have any idea how teasing him with the promise of after school activities could do to his self-esteem?”

“It’s not a big deal”, Laurel said, holding a hand to her hip and brashly smiling, “Cordell knows were just friends.”

Hazel coarsely sighed, “You’re smarter than that. You’re catnip to the fella.”

“I get the picture”, Laurel replied, “I won’t hassle Cordell again.”

“And like he would admit to you that you look fat. You could be immensely chubby, waddling down the hall stuffing your face with pizza and he wouldn’t cop to you being fat!”

“I understand”, Laurel acknowledged Hazel; “I shouldn’t bug Cordell about my figure.”

“One day you might think differently about Cordell, so be nice to him”, Hazel cheerily smiled, “Anyhow, you have enough on your plate as it is.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Laurel responded huffily.

Hazel glanced over Laurel’s figure then addressed her with a wily smirk, “It’s obvious you’re dissatisfied with your figure.”

“That’s not true, and very rude”, Laurel retorted.

Hazel peered into Laurel’s eyes, “Now, now, Laurel. Don’t be at all modest. Your stomach isn’t as flat as you’d like and you think your thighs are a little big.”

For some odd reason Laurel felt obligated to admit the truth.
“Yes, Mrs. Griffin, I do feel a little self-conscious about my tummy and thighs.”

Hazel shook her head, “That wasn’t so hard owning up to your figure flaws. But you shouldn’t really go shopping for a prom gown yet. The prom is six whole months away; you might not be able to fit into it.”

Laurel’s jaw dropped in shock, “Are you saying I’m going to get fat!”

Hazel spoke in a very composed tone, “Let me put it to you like this, lately you’ve acquired a preference for junk food or is it that oblivious to you how often you indulge in cheeseburgers and fries, milkshakes and chocolate.”

Laurel scrunched her nose in thought, finally admitting, “I guess I have been going a little overboard.”

“Don’t take my word for it, check yourself out in the mirror”, Hazel guiltlessly answered back, “You’re getting pimples and your waist is thickening.”

Laurel jerked back her head, “You’re crazy!”

Hazel coolly stating as Laurel dashed toward the ladies room, “And I’d lay off the second helpings at dinner.”

Once in the ladies room Laurel inched her beautiful face as close to the mirror as possible.
Nothing, Laurel’s face was flawless. At least until she blinked her eyes.

Over her right cheek two pimples separated an inch apart, another on her left cheek, one more near the tip of her nose. The sour expression upon Laurel’s face seemed to exaggerate their size.

Laurel backed away from the mirror, instinctively slipping her fingers over her waist. Her waist was mushier than she recalled or was Hazel playing mind games with her? After all, even though Laurel’s figure was virtually slender, she was about average in body tone.

Laurel tilted her face downward, her lustrous black hair cascading against her face. There was a narrow strip of fat overlapping the waistband of her skirt that wasn’t there before or didn’t notice.

Laurel cringed, “I’m forming muffin-tops”, just as a pair of juniors walked into the ladies room.
There were a cute set, fashionably attired and marginally plump, Laurel made quick eye contact before they hurried over to the mirror to spruce up their hair.

Laurel straightened her posture, flinging back her mane, she paraded toward the door with her signature self-assured gait, only to overhear one of the girl’s say as the door closed, “What a dork.”

“Oh fantastic!” Laurel uttered to herself as she hurried down the corridor, “Bad enough my figure is getting sloppy, and I’ve been mistaken for a geek.”

Monday early afternoon, Hazel had just finished counseling a student when her secretary announced that Laurel Hanson was there to see her.

A few minutes later, Laurel was seated in front of Hazel’s desk, and her appearance wasn’t as jazzy as it was the previous Friday.

A few extra pimples accumulated upon her lovely features, her attire, a heavy black turtleneck sweater and oversize blue jeans.

Laurel sat nervously fidgeting with her thick black mane, “I’m going to sound crazy but did you put a spell on me or what?”

Hazel poured herself a cup of coffee, “Why would you say that?”

Laurel cleared her throat before speaking, “Because ever since Friday when you lectured me, things ain’t been right,”

Hazel seemingly returned to her seat in slow motion on purpose, even the time she took to enjoy the beverage seemed drawn out.

“Come now, do I look like a withered old crone out of folklore”, Hazel smiled before sampling another sip of coffee. “Be specific, young lady. What hasn’t been right?”

Laurel tensely warbled with her feet on the chair, her arms wrapped around her legs, curling up her body up into something of a ball.

“Saturday afternoon I want to the mall with the girls, I couldn’t help feeling out of sync with them, like I was the fifth wheel. Usually I know what I want to buy but this time I couldn’t make up my mind. All I did was watch Brittany and Heather try on clothes.”

Laurel paused, her beautiful face twisting as she collected her thoughts.
“And, complicating matters, I almost felt like I couldn’t relate to them and even a tiny bit envious because they’re in better shape than me.”

“Sounds like you were just having an off day, we all have them, Laura.”

Laurel drew a breath, correcting Hazel with a subdued tone, “Laurel.”

“That’s only part of it. I didn’t show up to Preston Miller’s house, nobody bothered to call to question if I was coming or where I was. I spent Saturday night watching TV with my dad, and making a pig out of myself with the pizza he ordered.”

“Stress can affect a person’s appetite”, Hazel said between sips of coffee, “And you do have a fondness for pizza, so you want a little overboard.”

“I know!” Laurel blurted. “All I wanted was maybe two pieces but I couldn’t resist having more. My dad even made a wisecrack about how much I was eating.”

“Hey, Laurel, for a girl you really can eat! I’m amazed you’re not chubby!” Laurel said with her eyes titled downward, doing a dull impersonation of her old man.

Bringing her eyes forward, Laurel puffed up cheeks and sighed.
“This morning my mom said she was going grocery shopping and would bring home fat-free margarine and sugar free cookies just for me.”

Hazel sipped her coffee; Laurel relaxed her position, both feet planted on the floor.
“It get’s weirder, when I saw Brittany and Heather today, they didn’t bring up my absence Saturday night, and it was like I was invisible to them, even when I chimed into the conversations they flat out ignored me.”

Hazel’s reply wasn’t what Laurel expected, “Maybe you’re trying too hard to fit in with their clique. You do have other friends.”

A wide-eyed Laurel shrieked out loud, “They are my friends!”

“Calm yourself, young lady”, Hazel said sternly, “I won’t tolerate a temper tantrum.”

Laurel lowered her tone but bitingly addressed the counselor, “I don’t appreciate being patronized, you know damn well who my friends are. I don’t exactly know what’s going on but I do suspect you’re behind this.”

Hazel’s rigid attitude took on a bubbly candor and she sarcastically uttered, “Right, I put a spell on you.”

Laurel climbed to her feet, “Look at my face, my complexion has been this awful with pimples since I was 13_.”

Laurel’s sulkily admitted after a moment pause, “I think I’m heavier, almost sure I’ve gained a little weight.”

“I recommend you purchase some extra strength face cream and watch what you eat but other than that Miss Hanson, I have no doubt you’re being overly dramatic. I can’t discern anything abnormal about your appearance.”

Laurel paced the room, “You’re crazy, you know I look different!”

“Enough then, I won’t tolerate your rudeness and I don’t fancy being called crazy. This conference is done, please leave my office.”

“Fine!” Laurel angrily buzzed, then stomped out of Hazel’s office.

Maybe it was the speed in which she peddled her feet down the corridor, but her gait was severely clumsy, causing her to narrowly miss walking into a pair of freshman.

“Watch were you’re going!” the stylish brunette shouted out.
Her companion, a blond Gucci wannabe brusquely remarked, “That geek almost walked right into us!”

Laurel wiped the windswept bangs from out of her eyes, her voice barely registering an audible sound, “I ain’t no geek.”

__

Laurel sat at the back of room during her final two classes, unable to fully focus on the subjects, her mind zigzagging through the unusual circumstances that had complicated her looks and social status. The spare moments when Laurel’s mind was freed from pondering over her quandary, she studied the appearances of some of her classmates.
The chubby girls didn’t look so dumpy anymore, matter of fact she admired the look of a couple of them while feeling wrought in jealousy over the slender much more fashionable members of her class.

Laurel had spent her lunch period in conference with Mrs. Griffin, and she feeling a desire to nosh, and with no alternative other then snacks from the vending machine because the cafeteria was closed, she found herself buying a candy bar and a can of cola.

“Shit!” Laurel angrily uttered while reaching down for the can of cola, “How did I do it again!”

Laurel cracked opened the can of regular cola, taking a momentous swallow before almost savagely biting into the candy bar.

Coincidence or not, Cordell showed up, and he smiled hello.

“Are you stalking me or what?” Laurel snipped at Cordell.

Cordell gazed over at Laurel curiously, “I think it’s the other way around. I always grab a snack before computer science club.”

Laurel took another bite out of the candy bar, washing it down with the cola.

Cordell could perceive the hostile vibes and nonchalantly asked, “Did I insult you or something?”

This time Laurel sipped her soda before having a bite of chocolate.

Laurel took a few seconds to contemplate, chewing on the candy, finally responding once she had finished eating.

“You better be honest this time, Cordell. Don’t nice or afraid of hurting my feelings. Do I look any different too you!”

“I don’t know how to answer that”, Cordell replied with a funky grin.

“It’s a simple question!” Laurel grimaced.

Cordell explained as he purchased his snacks, “I don’t see you that often but I’m guessing your face is clearing up a little and maybe you put on a couple pounds, your pants look sort of tight.”

Laurel blinked, realizing at that moment that her oversize jeans that she put on earlier that day were now a size too small.

Although hesitant, Laurel pulled up her sweater, gaping at the minor tummy bulge and muffin tops, and to make matters worse, her thighs had advanced in size.

Laurel pulled her sweater downward, “I’m getting fat!”

Cordell stood next to Laurel, trying to cheer her up, “So you’re a little thick, what’s the big deal?”

Laurel crinkled her nose, “I wasn’t this thick Friday_.”

Laurel paused to change streams mid-sentence, “_my face is clearing up? It’s broken out, my completion was perfect when I saw you last.”

Cordell shrugged his shoulders, “If you say so. Remember, you asked for my honesty.”

“Well you can take your honesty and shove it!” a belligerent Laurel furiously remarked as she stormed out of the vending machine area.

Laurel was beleaguered upon arriving home, and surprisingly exhausted. The walk home, which she sprinted most of the way, was but only four blocks from school. Laurel was naturally energetic; her athletic prowess was first rate. Now she limped up the stairs toward her room like an out of shape girl who seldom participated in any physical activity.

Laurel shut the door, but before undressing to examine her figure, took a quick look into the large mirror above her vanity table.

Laurel sniffled at her reflection; the cluster of pimples had advanced in number over her cheeks, cheeks that now exhibited a small degree of puffiness. Laurel lifted her chin, and then rotated her face in a semi-circle; she was developing a second chin.

Off came the sweater with a spurt of engery aroused by anger.
Laurel dropped her head downward her eyes merging with her boobs; the squishy tissue was bulging upward from the cups. Laurel unfastened the hooks, her breasts bobbled wildly for a moment.
Laurel impulsively clasped her breasts, they were bigger, possibly a 38-C, though softer and less perky, and rather oval shaped.

Laurel noticed the small roll of flab pouring over the waistband, the material rounding out her bloated tummy. Laurel struggled to remove her jeans, previously baggy, they now clinged to her thighs.

Laurel’s inflated tummy was distinctively round, the top portion overhanging her panties by a pinch while her obviously bigger thighs appeared saturated in mushy fat.

Laurel swerved toward the mirror, inspecting her ass which was cheekier and of a puffy consistency.

Laurel squeezed her belly; it felt ever so flabby and real.

Just then Mrs. Hanson popped into Laurel’s room, a chubby woman, very pretty with short brown hair, and a consistently positive disposition.

“I didn’t know you were home”, Mrs. Hanson stated with a candid smile.

Laurel pitched her arms over her breast; she cringed at their doughy composition.
“Yeah, was going to take a shower, that’s all.”

“Well dinner be on the table shortly, so no snacking. I making you skinless chicken breasts and a big salad.”

Laurel squinted, her ego expunging the slipshod condition of her figure, reacting in the manner before she began accumulating the pounds. “Are you saying I’m getting fat?”

“You’ve put on weight, yes”, Mrs. Hanson answered in an oddly cute tone, “You don’t want to get too chunky while you’re still in high school. Right?”

Laurel directed her eyes away from her mom, unable to keep from scoping out the bulging condition of her upper thighs.

“I agree with you there”, Laurel said firmly.
“You think I look much different though, from like last week?” Laurel questioned.

“You always carried some extra weight, honey. I recollect you’ve been on the plump side for a while now.”

Laurel was speechless but quibbled in her thoughts, “That’s not true, I’ve never been heavy.”

“I suppose you take after me”, Mrs. Hanson continued where she left off, “Your figure is going to blossom out eventually.”

“What about my face, mom, has it been this pimply?” Laurel squawked.

Mrs. Hanson reacted with some confusion, “Yeah ….. Come to think of it you started breaking out months ago …..must be all the greasy food you’re eating.”

Laurel simply stared at her mom, arguing was futile.

“Remember to stay out of the fridge and cabinets now”, Mrs. Hanson said with concern as she walked out of Laurel’s bedroom.

Laurel plopped down on the mattress and heaved an excruciating sigh.

Laurel didn’t bother showering; instead she garbed herself in what clothes she had that actually fit.
New undergarments was logically on the to get list if she was stuck with this beefy figure.
A dark green sweatshirt and gray sweatpants agreed with her body, and once attired, she search the net for anything to do with weight loss.

Laurel should have been more grateful for the low-calorie dinner her mom prepared for her, especially since there was no other option but to begin some kind of diet to lose weight.

Instead she craved all types of dishes that now would be forbidden to her for at least a while.

Cranky, not only due to the outlandish changes to her weight and appearance but because the skinless chicken breast and salad did little to quell her appetite.

Borrowing her dad’s Buick, Laurel took to the road to sort things out in her mind, and also to relieve her hunger.

‘Dave’s Den’ was a generic diner located in the hub of Central City’s downtown area, though it had the reputation of serving the best hot dogs in town. Many a date had taken Laurel there and although the diner cuisine was smack-dab delicious she would have the customary 1 hot dog with fries. On this occasion Laurel was going to entertain her appetite like never before.

“4 hot dogs Chicago style, a large fri, and large coke!” Laurel rattled off.

“Diet?” the cute counter attendant somehow was motivated to ask.

Laurel half-smiled, “Why? Make it a regular.”

Laurel’s ordered was called and she picked it up, and she surveyed the dining area for somewhere to sit. The section in the back wasn’t as jam-packed as the front and middle sections, “Thank goodness”, Laurel uttered under her breath, “I need some alone time.”

Laurel had just sat down when a group of high school seniors entered the popular establishment, happenstance in action, one of them was Cordell.

While standing in line, a chubby blond haired female member of this particular group noticed Laurel, and shared it with her friends, “Isn’t that Laura what’s her name?”

Cordell turned on a dime, scoping out Laurel munching on her food in a tumult of unrestrained fervor.

Cordell excused himself from his pack and walked over to Laurel.

“Hey”, Cordell grinned.

Laurel straigtened her posture, and wiped her hands on her shirt, “You really are stalking me. I think you could find yourself a better target. I’m not worth the effort.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I just want to make sure everything is okay between us”, Cordell genuinely expressed his feelings, “You were angry on the verge of mental when you stormed out of the venuteria earlier today.”

Laurel inquired who Cordell was with, and he announced their names in the pomp and circumstance of sounding roll call.

“I’m not the best company”, Laurel said as she picked up her hot dog, “You should go back to your friends.”

Cordell rolled back his shoulders, his voice and expression not only full of dignity but spunk, “Join us. They’re good people, you’d like them.”

“I’m not very fond of myself at the moment”, Laurel said chewing, “I couldn’t warm up to them even if I wanted to.”

“Why have you become so bitter and antagonistic, Laurel”, Cordell replied as he took the sit in front of her. “I’m guessing it has something to do with how you look, since you asked me the prior moments we saw each other.”

Laurel sniffled upon finishing her hot dog, grabbing the next in line as she tersely spoke.

“I’ve never been chubby, I’m always been in perfect shape, never needed to diet. All of a sudden I’m fat, and even you won’t admit to it. You said you would be honest, yeah, right.”

Cordell swung his head from side to side, an apologetic ambiance to his voice, “Well okay, I suppose you put on some weight. I didn’t think it would be beneficial to point it out since you’ve always been self-conscious about your body.”

Laurel tartly smiled, “Self-conscious isn’t how I’d describe myself last week, I was very vain, even though I sought reassurance from you.”

Cordell's eyes grew wide as Laurel devoured the hot dog in just two bites, her puffy cheeks distending twice their size as she chewed.

“Self-conscious, bet your ass I’m very self-conscious now”, Laurel admitted after washing the hot dog down with a drink of cola. “I was with the superior clique, now I’m treated like a fat geek.”

“You’re all not fat, Laurel”, Cordell sweetly smiled, “A little fuller figured, pleasingly plump.”

Laurel patted her belly, grabbing the next hot dog with her free hand, “Your choice of words are clearly not to offend me, I think however our definition clash.”

“Damn, Laurel, lots of girls are heavy, or put on weight, you’re really in a crisis of some kind.”

“Now I appreciate the concern, you‘re always been a sweet type”, Laurel stated with an outrageous grin while nibbling, “I’ll eventually get used to being chubby and I won’t fish for compliments anymore. I learned my lesson big time.”

“I think you’re very cute, if that means anything to you”, Cordell admitted, his heart on his sleeve.

“Set aside that opinion until six or more months for now because I’m not planning to diet. Never was on a diet actually but if I’m going to be chubby, I’m not going to fight it,”

Cordell motioned over to his friends who consisted of two males and four females.
“See those girls over there, how many would you call skinny. I have no hang ups on my partner’s weight, I sought of have a fondness for thick ladies.”

Laurel giggled, which pleased Cordell.

Laurel heaved a much more tranquil sigh as she grabbed the next hot dog but not before sampling a surplus of fries.

“Hmm, well, babe, I won’t call us partners, but the thought is flattering.”
Laurel once again gobbled up the hot dog, emitting a soft burp before continuing.
“You like me, that is a fact you cannot deny, right?”

Cordell nodded, “Yeah, I have for a long time. If this makes you feel uncomfortable, I apologize.”

Laurel tilted her head, “Would you feel uncomfortable taking me to the prom even if I’m a tubby blob?”

Cordell giggled slightly at the outrageous question, “I really don’t think you’ll become that heavy but yes, even if you become a tubby blob it’ll be an honor to chaperon you to our prom.”

“You talk like a dork sometimes”, Laurel pleasantly giggled.

“Yeah”, Cordell smiled with his reply, “But the prom is like six months away, you won’t break my heart and take back the date?”

Laurel amusingly grinned, clutching the final hot dog, “You make sure you won’t back out of the date, I’ll probably be huge by then.”

“Not a chance!” Cordell said with conviction.

“Swell!” Laurel chirped while gnawing on the hot dog.

“Okay, Cordell, I feel up to joining you and your friends.”

Cordell excitedly rocked back and forth in his seat, “That’s cool! Fantastic! I’m glad your mood improved.”

“Easy, dork, I didn’t agree to go steady with you!” Laurel humorously snickered, “And it’ll cost ya. Think you could spring for another cola, not diet,”

Cordell stood up and proudly announced as he swept his arm toward his waist, “As Shakespeare wrote eons ago, “My heart is ever at your service!”

Laurel wiped her lips, and upon climbing to her feet, gently brushed her hand over Cordell’s shoulder, “You might be a dork but you’re a sweet one.”

_____ SIX MONTHS LATER ______

As it was their routine Laurel escorted Cordell to the vending machine area before he would entertain his time with the computer science club.

Laurel’s appearance as well as her attitude had noticeably changed.

The former preppy student now wore her black hair in a short jaded bob style, the sides tucked behind her ears, depicting the fullness of her apple cheeks and broad squishy looking second chin.
Majority of Laurel’s face was pimple clear and cosmetics were now only for special occasions.

Clothed in a reddish-pink sleeveless T-shirt and black colored sweatpants, Laurel no longer found it necessary to disguise her girth, she was indeed tubby, so what.

Laurel’s mom had ceased trying to force her to diet months ago, and Laurel’s weight rapidly increased, resulting in her figure becoming a tremendously blubbery cocoon of bloated fat.

Laurel’s upper arms were as big as they were spongy, her bulbous breasts, definitely a 38-C, sprawled over her whopper of a spherical shaped belly that jutted outward with a pronounce curve.
Laurel’s flabby waist appeared wider than her breeder category hips due to the floopy roll which circled the region; her posterior had inflated into a rather squishy looking jumbo-size orb that pushed away from her body before drooping unto her excessively chunky thighs.

Cordell handed Laurel her can of regular cola and with lighting speed purchased her a candy bar.
Their relationship was formal in every degree and of a singularly closeness, Cordell didn’t even need to ask what type of candy bar she had a taste for.

Laurel’s attitude and temperament had adapted into the abstract familiarity of those students less popular. She acquired new friends virtually overnight, classmates who didn’t fare too high on the social ladder, sharing the very same attributes. Decent people nonetheless, sans the vanity and haughtiness of Laurel’s former clique.

Laurel‘s temperament had become very docile and uncomplicated. During such times when comments were made about her size, catty or not, she rarely if ever became upset, and would rather laugh along or humorously concur.

“My prom dress should be arriving in the mail any day now”, Laurel informed Cordell as they stood within the confines of the vending area. “It’s very pretty, sort of a bright pink in color with big puffy sleeves, my mom picked it out and it only cost $49.00’s.”

Cordell attentively listened to Laurel buzz in excitement, “It’s second hand though but like, it’s totally cheaper than what I would pay at a real store.”

“Oh yeah, some prom dresses cost a mint, you mom is a brainy woman”, Cordell said just to convey his interest; “I imagine you’ll look beautiful in it, I’d like to see you try it on.”

“Oh no, you can’t!” Laurel squeaked out loud, “its bad luck for the prom date to his girl in the dress before prom.”

Cordell tilted his head, giddily grinning, “You’re such a dork, babe. That old wives tale is about grooms seeing the bride in her wedding gown.”

Laurel held her hand to her vast beach ball of belly as she snickered, “Oh, yeah!”
“But like, it’s still a big negative coz I’m not 100% sure what I’ll look like in it coz I sort of_”
Laurel made a goofy face and comically giggled as she finished her sentence, “_got a tiny bit wider in the hips since we ordered it!”

“You just take it to a dress shop and have it altered”, Cordell wisely explained as he scoped out Laurel’s well-padded hips, “You’ll still look outrageously beautiful, no doubt about that.”

Laurel dropped her head and blushed, “Awwwww. I so appreciate your vote of confidence.”

They conversed a few minutes longer, and after an affectionate smooch, Cordell was off to his computer science club and Laurel was on route out of school.

Prior to being overweight, Laurel couldn’t walk down the hall without being checked out or flirted with and although she still remembered her popular era, to everyone else she had always been just another stereo-typical chubby chick.
However, Laurel’s new personality granted her a new frame of mind, and she accepted her fat girl status as if she was never cheesecake in the first place.

“Excited about the prom?” Hazel asked as she intercepted Laurel as she hobbled by her in the hall.

Since her transformation Laurel felt quite apprehensive whenever she would come in contact with Mrs. Ryan, the inkling persistent that Hazel put some kind of spell on her.

“Yes, ma’am”, Laurel said tensely. “Two weeks away.”

“And gossip tells me that you’ve been spending a lot of time with Cordell Watley. I suspect he’ll be your escort.”

Laurel nervously rubbed her belly, “Huh-huh. We’ve been dating, um, exclusively.”

“As long as you like him, Laura”, Hazel smiled, her tone a mixture of old fashion spunk and cordial sentiment. “I know Cordell likes you, and I bet my bottom dollar he treats you very well.”

Laurel caught the glistening sparkle emitting from Hazel’s eyes and she couldn’t help relinquishing the facts. “Cordell is super sweet, the best guy I ever dated!” Laurel announced with an amorous smile.

“Cordell is what you might call an inconspicuous champion, but you appreciate his merit, that’s all that matters”, Hazel uttered.

Laurel shook her head, “Yes, ma’am. I’m so flattered he likes me.”

“I’m glad of it, Laura”, Hazel responded with an eccentric grin, “Your relationship will prove very happy.”

Laurel blinked, her intuition effectively determining that Cordell was indeed her life partner, and she uncontrollably blushed.

“Better run off”, Hazel causally told Laurel, “I know you like taking a nap after school, so I don’t want to hold you up.”

Laurel shook her head, a dumbfound smirk riding over her chubby face, “Ahhhh, that’s right!”

Just as Hazel was about to walk back into her office, Laurel somehow managed to reeve up enough courage to finally inquire about her transformation.

“Um, wait ..wait a minute, please, Mrs. Ryan”, Laurel squeaked.

Hazel turned around, “Yes, something on your mind?”

Laurel tugged on her T-shirt, her pulpy cheeks doubling in size as she uneasily warbled, “I really don’t mean to offend you but I have to ask you, did you like, I mean, I really changed….”

Hazel ambiguously smiled, “You still harping about me being a crone, using some hocus pocus on you?”

Laurel squinted, “Yeah…”

Hazel gazed over the 240-pound butterball, “What was it that I changed about you? I don’t recollect you being any different.”

“Never mind”, Laurel heaved a disappointed sigh.

A wisp of a grin momentarily formed over Hazel lips, “The outcome was inevitable, Laurel, keep that in mind.”

Laurel dropped her jaw as Hazel walked into her office.

Laurel adjusted her T-shirt then clumsily spun around, completing her trek while daydreaming about the prom and her relationship with Cordell. Nothing else mattered to the overweight - geeky high school senior with exception of grabbing a slice of pie before her routine after school nap.

FINIS

~ EPILOGUE

Appolonia Dretzel, a rather beautiful and spunky blond hair young woman, had just bought her morning coffee and was on route to her first class of the day.

But not before Hazel intercepted her just within steps of her classroom.

Hazel cracked an eye, her tone prim and proper.

“I’m not so familiar with you miss, aren’t you the new English teacher?”

Appolonia nodded, her smile as charming as her features, “Yes, and it’s Mrs. Mrs. Dretzel, I was just married during the summer, but you can call me Appolonia since we’re colleagues.”
Appolonia voice radiating a fair amount of sociability.

“I might be old fashion but your manner of dress, you look more like a student rather than a teacher.”

Appolonia’s cute smile remained on her face, her garments showing off her exquisite figure; a stylish blouse and short skirt.

“I appreciate the advice”, Appolonia chirped, “I wouldn’t be myself if I dressed more conservative. Thanks though.”

Hazel nodded, “Very well, have it your way….”

Appolonia felt the weirdest vibes coming from Hazel, backing toward the classroom, she unmistakably heard Hazel rattle off as an arcane grin blossomed over her face, “…. dress as you like for now, marriage has ways of effecting a woman’s figure…

Re: FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS

Postby Chopchop37920 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:32 pm

I can't wait for the next installment.
Chopchop37920

Postby Matt L. » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:03 am

Hello Chopchop37920,

I'm very pleased you enjoyed the story. Actually this story was meant to be a solo composition but since you enjoyed it perhaps I'll write a sequel.

Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.
Transformation Grand Master

Postby Chopchop37920 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Yeah I would like to see what happens to the new English teacher. :D
Chopchop37920

Postby summertime » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:00 pm

I really enjoyed this story, despite Laurel being rather vain she was nice, perhaps that's what Hazel could see
summertime
Transformation Master

Postby Matt L. » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:32 am

Hello Friends,

I'm delighted you enjoyed the story.

I will indeed get around to writing the sequel sooner or later.

I believe the character of Laural was probably the nicest vain female in any story I've ever wrote.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers, Matt
Matt L.
Transformation Grand Master

Return to Matt L.